BRK

BRK

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is here!!

Happy 1st day of Spring everyone!!! I am so looking forward to planting my garden. We're going to be expanding our garden this year too. Last year we started with 2 square foot gardens in the front yard as well as the flower bed & some hanging baskets. This year we're going to fence off part of the back yard to keep the dogs out & plant some more back there. The basic plan is to put herbs, lettuce, radishes, things that stay relatively small out in the front section & put the things that need a trellis & get bigger in the back yard. Trying to keep the front looking neat & clean for the neighbors :) My 2 peach trees out back are both beginning to flower! There's a long story behind 1 of my poor peach trees..... she was sitting sad & lonely outside of a Big Lots one day and let me tell you she was looking rough! I decided to buy her anyway as I was convinced I could bring her back to glory. So I bring my little peach home & plant her out front with my 2 apple trees & pear tree. Well as it turns out poor peach didn't like the front yard....she sat there looking worse & worse until finally I decided to move her to the back yard on the slight hill we have & boy did she ever appreciate the move! Within 2 weeks she was getting little buds on her!! I also got another peach tree to plant out there with her & she has been a happy little tree since then. Sometimes you just have to try different things with plants. If at first you don't succeed and they aren't happy.....give them extra love, fertilizer and when all else fails move them until you find where/ what they want. I've gotten some planting catalogs in the mail recently & I am having a fine time imagining the things I can do with my garden this year. I'll be sure to take lots of pics :)

Also I have a confession....... I have been bad. I have started yet another wip :O
But in my defense who buys Wollmeise yarn & doesn't just go ahead and knit with it?? I have to say that there is no way Wollmeise is going on my feet....are you crazy? So that being said I had to think long and hard about just what I was going to do with this yarn. I finally decided on a shawl but not just any shawl you see I had to make sure this would be one I'd actually use and often. So finally after many hours of searching through my queue on ravelry I decided on the boneyard-shawl since I can see myself wearing something like this pretty much all the time. You see I am not a girly girl I like plain & simple things mostly. Now this doesn't mean I don't like pretty frilly things it just means they wouldn't get used much so I don't make them very often.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...I see you're going to be spending some quality time out in the heat working on that garden. I'm proud of you!! Growing things is not my forte, unless you count children!!

    ReplyDelete