BRK

BRK

Sunday, June 12, 2011

sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.........

I scored a bunch of pallets from hubby's work to pull apart & make raised garden beds out of and so far hubby has pulled 2 apart & made raised beds out of them. But like all men he does things in his dear sweet time instead of at the pace I'd like him to. Well Boy #1 went off to summer camp - about 2.5 hours away. Hubs didn't want to go round trip in 1 day like he did last time so he drove up yesterday, spent the night with 1 of his sisters, dropped kiddo off& drove home today. Well while he was gone the wifie got impatient lol. So this morning I woke up & decided I was gonna "Get R Done" and set to work taking pallets apart. I was done taking apart before I even had breakfast. After breakfast I measured the 2x4's & cut them to the size needed, measured my boards to make sure they were all the same length & cut those that weren't down to right size, next was removing the nails from the boards. And yes  I re-used the nails as well. Then I got to work nailing boards to my 2x4's. This is not the easiest thing to do but I am living proof that anyone can do this.....and yes I do mean anyone. So here are some pics of today's fun :)

BEFORE 

the tools

AFTER 
Not bad if I do say myself........
After all that I got to  head to  Lowe's to buy soil for the 2 new beds. I use a mixture of Peat Moss, Top Soil and Humus & Manure and I use the Square Foot Gardening method by Mel Bartholomew. If anyone has any questions feel free to comment or email me :)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! What you failed to let your readers know was that you just had a tooth pulled! You would have made a good wife back in the pioneer days!! Ok...you make a good wife now. Git er done!

    ReplyDelete