BRK

BRK

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the magic of ordinary days

Ok so there was no major cleaning going on here today......... baby steps ya know. But I had to run to the grocery store for a few things & I got a new book while I was there.

Here's a little bit about the meaning behind this book: The-story-behind-The-Seventeen-Second-Miracle. Makes you think about things doesn't it? You know one of my favorite sayings is "people of character don't do the right thing because they think they can change the world but rather because they refuse to be changed by the world" It's so true. Now ask yourself have you performed a 17 second miracle? why? or why not? whichever the case may be.
The rest of my day can be summed up with 1 word...... knitting. To me there is nothing better than a day spent curled up in my favorite chair with music playing on my laptop, my bulldog on my feet & my knitting. Except perhaps when the weather is nice & I take everything outside & sit under my little tree in the back yard but that's a story for another day. So since a picture is worth a thousand words  here is a picture of an ordinary day at my house..... and yes he does like to be covered up.....poor bullyboy has such a short coat he gets cold easy
And last but not least here is a pic of the shawl I'm working on right now for my friends mom. Lots of stockinette so it's slow going but it's 100% wool so will be toasty warm. She could use lots of good thoughts/prayers whichever you're inclined to do.....thanks in advance. The pattern can be found here in case anyone is interested and what knitter isn't interested in free patterns :D

1 comment:

  1. Sure...rub it in...I am as green with envy as that shawl of yours!

    Glad you enjoyed a day of rest. You deserved it after yesterday!

    ReplyDelete