BRK

BRK

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Making Progress

I may not have been good about keeping up with my blog but I am proud to say I was very good about keeping up with my knitting last month. I knit 940 yards in the month of June! :O Holy Smokes!! 400 yards of that was finishing my Daybreak Shawl:

I am in love with this shawl! Youngest boy picked my color combo and boy did he ever do a good job.

Why did I knit 940 yards in 1 month you ask? Well because back in May I joined the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup group on Ravelry. I have really been motivated to get things done like never before. Which is a really good thing for me since I'm normally lil' miss ADD, let's cast on all the things, oh hey look yarn. I am not proud of this fact but I've learned to admit it. But with this group and the Gryffindor group which is a spin off of the House Cup.. I have turned into a knitter that actually produces finished items! It's such a great feeling to get things off the needles. I'm fully prepared for all the upcoming baby showers at church. Oh yeah baby hats... they are already done. I also already have a collection of baby hats to send out to my friends mom for the babies on the reservation. I'm currently working on my first sweater for me!! The pattern is Elfe and I'm using Ella Rae Lace Merino in Blue.

 I don't wear stripes but I like the look of this top and the local knit girls are doing this as a kal so I jumped in but stated from the start that mine would be solid. I'm also using some yarn I dyed to make a slouchy hat for me. I'm not sure I'll get much else done this month due to trying to get a sweater done in 31 days but we'll see. I promise I'll be back soon with some sweater progress pics....

No comments:

Post a Comment